Texting can wait, road safety can’t. Stay off the smartphone!
- Distraction driving includes cell phone use, applying make-up, eating and drinking, reading, changing radio stations and even arguing!
- Cell-phone usage behind the wheel is up 10% from 2015.
- 2016 saw a total of 745 people caught using their cell phones whilst driving.
- A CI$150 fine is automatically issued to anyone seen on a mobile device while driving. Is your latest selfie worth that much?
- The only legal ways to use your cell whilst in a vehicle is through the use of a hands-free device or by pulling over and removing yourself from the normal flow of traffic.